WINES BY THE GLASS
(glass size 125ml / 175ml / 250ml)
SPUMANTI ~ SPARKLING
1. PROSECCO, CASA DEFRA NV £5.20/£7.25
2. ROSÉ SPUMANTE, NANI RIZZI, VENETO NV £5.40/£7.55
VINI BIANCHI ~ WHITE
10. MONFERRATO, ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2016 £3.45/£4.85/£6.90
13. PINOT GRIGIO, BELLA MODELLA, VENETO 2016 £4.00/£5.60/£8.00
14. SAUVIGON BIANCO,CAMILLONA, PIEMONTE 2016 £4.60/£6.45/£9.20
16. SOAVE CLASSICO, MONTEFORTE, VENETO 2016 £4.20/£5.90/£8.40
VINO ROSATO ~ ROSE
30. ANCORA ROSATO, MONFERRATO CHIARETTO, PIEMONTE 2016 £3.75/£5.25/£7.50
VINI ROSSI ~ RED
35. BARBERA, ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2016 £3.45/£4.85/£6.90
37. MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO, FRENTANA, ITALY 2015 £3.85/£5.40/£7.70
38. BARDOLINO CLASSICO, RECCHIA, VENETO 2016 £4.80/£6.70/£9.60
45. PRIMITIVO, AMBASCIATORI, SALENTO 2015 £4.75/£6.65/£9.50
1. PROSECCO, CASA DEFRA NV £27.50
Fresh and fruity, really easy drinking.
2. ROSÉ SPUMANTE, NANI RIZZI NV £28.75
Sparkling rosé from Veneto. Fruity and elegant, made from pinot nero grapes.
3. PROSECCO DI VALDOBBIADENE, NANI RIZZI NV £30.00
A prosecco of great finesse and real style – a cut above the rest.
4. FRANCIACORTA BRUT, MAJOLINI, ITALY NV £42.50
If Champagne were made in Italy - this is probably what it would taste like. Full flavoured and elegant fizz from the fantastic boutique house of Majolini.
Biodynamic, vegan friendly and no sulphites. A good way to ‘drink wines and keep healthy’?!
7. WHITE - PINOT GRIGIO, MONTE DEI ROARI, VENETO 2016 £25.50
A fabulously fresh Pinot Grigio. A little too drinkable?
8. RED - PALUSTREL, MONTE DEI ROARI, VENETO 2012 £28.50
A well-structured red of merlot and cabernet franc… better for a little breathing.
WHITE... DRY & LIGHT
10. MONFERRATO, ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2016 £18.50
Fresh, crisp and dry, with a touch of soft fruit. Very easy drinking.. Ooops!
11. BROCCATELLI GALLI BIANCO, UMBRIA 2016 £19.50
Zesty, citrus fruit with a touch of almond, from local grapes of grechetto and trebbiano. A classy little number!
12. TREBBIANO D’ABRUZZO, FRENTANA 2016 £20.50
A wine for every situation. These sun drenched vines achieve something extremely special: simplicity, fresh and citrusy touched with tropical melon and pineapple.
13. PINOT GRIGIO BELLA MODELLA, VENETO 2016 £21.25
A perfect light and extremely quaffable pinot. Light, fresh and just fruity enough
14. SAUVIGON BIANCO, CAMILLONA, PIEMONTE 2015 £24.50
A classy Italian sauvignon blanc – a bit more subtle than New World offerings.
WHITE... A BIT OF BODY, A LOT OF CLASS
15. VERDICCHIO, CIMARELLI, MARCHE 2016 £21.50
The seaside towns of the Marche have one of the greatest seafood wines on their doorstep in Verdicchio, something we like to replicate in Kibworth.
16. SOAVE CLASSICO, MONTEFORTE, VENETO 2016 £22.50
Crisp finish and soft fruits, an elegant wine, wonderful as an aperitif, or with antipasti.
17. GAVI DI GAVI, ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2016 £24.50
From the cortese grape and a fabulous gavi, exactly as it should be.
18. PINOT GRIGIO, BUTUSSI, FRIULI 2016 £29.50
An inimitableand well-balanced pinot grigio of rich, full fruit, with a lovely copper tint to its colour! One of our faves!
19. PECORINO, FRENTANA, MARCHE 2015 £31.50
Pecorino? Yes it is a cheese, and a sheep, but not in this case! It is a rather lovely, full flavoured wine made organically and named after the local vine called Pecorino. Something a bit special to be honest.
WHITE... SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY
25. VERNACCIA DI SAN GIMIGNANO, TOSCANA 2013 £31.25
From Tuscany’s New York, the beautiful “Towers” of San Gimignano. A wine of golden colour, honey, tight mineral fruit that is unique, great and wonderfully enjoyable. Biodynamic winemaking at its best.
26. SOAVE CALVARINO, PIEROPOAN, VENETO 2014 £39.40
A top flight single vineyard soave from one of the best, Pieropan. Rich in fruit with just enough acidity for great balance, I commend it to you.
27. VIOGNIER, ASCHERI, LANGHE 2013 £45.00
Matteo wanted to achieve a great Piemonte white capable of ageing for many years and his success is remarkable. The power, spice, intensity and fineness is pitch perfect, a very special wine.
ROSÉ... A LITTLE SOMETHING PINK
30. ANCORA ROSATO, CHIARETTO, PIEMONTE 2016 £20.00
Bright strawberry pink, but delicate fruit and essentially dry and crisp, fabulous with Parma ham and melon, but light enough for fish too.
31. PINOT GRIGIO ROSANDER, FRIULI 2016 £24.50
A pale rose, soft, easy-drinking character, taking colour from the skins of the grape, good to quaff but equally fabulous with antipasto and lighter dishes.
RED... FRUITY LITTLE REDS
35. BARBERA, ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2016 £18.50
Ruby red fruits with soft full flavour but not at all weighty. Another rather easy drinking little number!
36. BROCCATELLI GALLI ROSSO, UMBRIA 2015 £19.50
A beautifully fresh and simple sangiovese with canaiolo, the classic chianti blend. Wine by the people, for the people.
37. MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO, FRENTANA 2015
bottle £20.50 | magnum £40.50
The great all-rounder, full plummy fruit, vibrant and full – dare we say, it’s almost like a stylish Ozzie Shiraz.
38. BARDOLINO CLASSICO, RECCHIA, VENETO 2016 £25.50
Soft and easy cherry fruit, lovingly made, lifting it out of the ordinary. Grown and created on the shores of Lake Garda, why wouldn’t you?
RED... RATHER SPLENDIDO
44. NERO D'AVOLA ESSENZA, CUMMO 2015 £24.50
A rich and jammy Nero d’Avola, lifted with a touch of the frappato grape. Delish!
45. PRIMITIVO, AMBASCIATORI, SALENTO 2015 £25.25
Liquid sunshine, a wine that transports you to the baked earth of Puglia and unsurprisingly this is perfect with tomato, tuna and chilli stuffed peperoncini…
46. CHIANTI CLASSICO, POGGIO DELL'OLIVERA 2015 £26.50
An elegant Chianti, full bodied, plumy and a hint of spice.
47. SQUINZANO RISERVA, PUGLIA 2012 £31.50
Squinzano is home to some of the Salento’s greatest Negroamaro and this is an unreformed, huge powerful wine, made for red meats and strong cheeses. Also disturbingly enjoyable with no food at all!
48. AGLIANICO, BASILICATA 2014 £32.50
The guy that makes this wine really understands and loves his Aglianico, the fruit is deep and strawberry laced, tannins ripe and fine. Full bodied and not to be ignored!
49. RUBERAN, VALPOLICELLA SUPERIORE, PIEROPAN 2013 £40.00
This blew me away, both elegant and structured. Rich and concentrate, full of black cherries and blackberries. Silky? You bet.. Really worth a try.
50. RIPASSO DEL VALPOLICELLA, VENETO 2013 £38.50
Twice fermented Valpolicella give a richness without the full-blown weight of an Amarone. A long time fave with our regulars!
51. AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO, VENETO 2011 £60.00
Brilliant! Intense, complex and great structure, black cherries and a little bit nutty
52. BAROLO, BREZZA, PIEMONTE 2012 £60.00
Elegant and sophisticated with a bit of age, presents really well.
SWEETIES AND STICKIES
60. MARSALA SUPERIORE DOLCE, CURATOLO NV
£40.50 bottle | £6.75 glass (125 ml)
Produced since 1875 by one of the oldest houses of marsala, aged in oak barrels. Full and mellow.
61. VERDUZZO FIOR DI MANDORLO, CORMONS 2014
£37.50 bottle | £6.75 glass (125 ml)
A deep amber moscato, rich in tropical fruits and honey
62. RECIOTO DI SOAVE, LA COLOMBARE, PIEROPAN, VENETO 2012
£39.00 bottle (50 cl) | £9.75 glass (125 ml)
A perfectly balanced pudding wine with just the right level of delicate sweetness.
DELAFORCE WHITE PORT
£3.25 50ml glass | £6.75 125ml glass
NIEPOORT LBV PORT
£3.75 50 ml glass | £7.75 125 ml glass
NIEPOORT 'THE SENIOR TAWNY' PORT
£3.75 50ml glass | £7.75 125ml glass
A golden amber tawny port, lovely with cheese or just because.
£4.50 50 ml glass | £9.50 125 ml glass
An indulgent blend of fortified red wine and chocolate.