Here at Boboli we seek to embrace all things Italian and our wine list is no exception. We have worked hard to create a list that reflects
the time-honoured classics of Lino's native land as well some quirky blends that only the Italians can do with such style.
Prosecco features but also a fabulous Franciacorta (the Italian equivalent of Champagne). Our whites range from the inevitable
Pinot Grigio (three currently listed!) to the expected Gavi and the lesser known Pecorino - not just a cheese you will find.
The reds sit splendidly on the list; the elegant Bardolino, the predictable Primitivo and the big and busty Amarone.
So indulge yourselves and enjoy!
WINES BY THE GLASS
(glass size 125ml | 175ml | 250ml)
SPUMANTI ~ SPARKLING
1. PROSECCO, CASA DEFRA NV £5.35 | £7.50
2. ROSÉ SPUMANTE, NANI RIZZI, VENETO NV £5.55 | £7.75
VINI BIANCHI ~ WHITE
8. IL SOLARE, MONFERRATO, ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2017 £3.55 | £4.95 | £7.10
11. PINOT GRIGIO, BELLA MODELLA, VENETO 2017 £4.15 | £5.80 | £8.30
12. SAUVIGON BIANCO,CAMILLONA, PIEMONTE 2017 £4.70 | £6.55 | £9.40
16. SOAVE CLASSICO, MONTEFORTE, VENETO 2017 £4.45 | £6.25 | £8.90
VINO ROSATO ~ ROSE
30. ANCORA ROSATO, MONFERRATO CHIARETTO, PIEMONTE 2017 £4.05 | £5.65 | £8.10
VINI ROSSI ~ RED
35. LA VIOLA, BARBERA, ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2017 £3.55 | £4.95 | £7.10
37. MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO, FRENTANA, ITALY 2016 £4.05 | £5.65 | £8.10
38. BARDOLINO CLASSICO, RECCHIA, VENETO 2017 £4.80 | £6.70 | £9.60
42. PRIMITIVO, AMBASCIATORI, SALENTO 2015 £4.90 | £6.85 | £9.80
1. PROSECCO, CASA DEFRA NV
Fresh and fruity, really easy drinking.
2. ROSÉ SPUMANTE, NANI RIZZI NV
Sparkling rosé from Veneto. Fruity and elegant, made from pinot nero grapes.
3. PROSECCO DI VALDOBBIADENE, NANI RIZZI NV
A prosecco of great finesse and real style – a cut above the rest.
4. FRANCIACORTA BRUT, MAJOLINI, ITALY NV
If Champagne were made in Italy - this is probably what it would taste like. Full flavoured and elegant fizz from the fantastic boutique house of Majolini.
WHITE... DRY & LIGHT
8. IL SOLARE, MONFERRATO, IL ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2017
Fresh, crisp and dry, with a touch of soft fruit. Very easy drinking.. Ooops!
9. BROCCATELLI GALLI BIANCO, UMBRIA 2017
Zesty, citrus fruit with a touch of almond, from local grapes of grechetto and trebbiano. A classy little number!
10. TREBBIANO D’ABRUZZO, FRENTANA 2017
A wine for every situation. These sun drenched vines achieve something extremely special: simplicity, fresh and citrusy touched with tropical melon and pineapple.
11. PINOT GRIGIO BELLA MODELLA, VENETO 2017
A perfect light and extremely quaffable pinot. Light, fresh and just fruity enough.
12. SAUVIGNON BIANCO, CAMILLONA, PIEMONTE 2016
A classy Italian sauvignon blanc – a bit more subtle than New World offerings.
13. PINOT GRIGIO, MONTE DEI ROARI, VENETO 2016
A fabulously fresh Pinot Grigio. A little too drinkable?
WHITE... A BIT OF BODY, A LOT OF CLASS
15. VERDICCHIO, CIMARELLI, MARCHE 2017
The seaside towns of the Marche have one of the greatest seafood wines on their doorstep in Verdicchio, something we like to replicate in Kibworth.
16. SOAVE CLASSICO, MONTEFORTE, VENETO 2017
Crisp finish and soft fruits, an elegant wine, wonderful as an aperitif, or with antipasti.
17. GAVI DI GAVI, IL ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2017
From the cortese grape and a fabulous gavi, exactly as it should be.
18. PINOT GRIGIO, BUTUSSI, FRIULI 2017
An inimitableand well-balanced pinot grigio of rich, full fruit, with a lovely copper tint to its colour! One of our faves!
WHITE... SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY
25. VERNACCIA DI SAN GIMIGNANO, GUIDI, TOSCANA 2017
From Tuscany’s New York, the beautiful “Towers” of San Gimignano. A wine of golden colour, honey, tight mineral fruit that is unique, great and wonderfully enjoyable.
26. PECORINO, FRENTANA, MARCHE 2017
Pecorino? Yes, it is a cheese, and a sheep, but not in this case! It is a rather lovely, full flavoured wine made organically and named after the local vine called Pecorino. Something a bit special to be honest.
27. GRECO DI TUFO, FERRANTE, DI MARZO, ITALY 2015
Ferrante was born to make Greco, his ancestors created Greco di Tufo. It is a unique wine which could be described as a white for red drinkers – dry and surprisingly full.
28. SOAVE CALVARINO, PIEROPOAN, VENETO 2015
A top flight single vineyard soave from one of the best, Pieropan. Rich in fruit with just enough acidity for great balance, I commend it to you.
29. VIOGNIER, ASCHERI, LANGHE 2013
Matteo wanted to achieve a great Piemonte white capable of ageing for many years and his success is remarkable. The power, spice, intensity and fineness is pitch perfect, a very special wine.
ROSÉ... A LITTLE SOMETHING PINK
30. ANCORA ROSATO, CHIARETTO, PIEMONTE 2016
A super, full fruit rosé. Rich in colour and yet a dry finish.
31. LA FARFALLA, PINOT GRIGIO ROSÉ, VENETO
A light and delicate rosé with typical pinot grigio fruit but still fresh and dry.
RED... FRUITY LITTLE REDS
35. LA VIOLA, BARBERA, IL ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE 2017
Ruby red fruits with soft full flavour but not at all weighty. Another rather easy drinking little number!
37. MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO, FRENTANA 2016
The great all-rounder, full plummy fruit, vibrant and full – dare we say, it’s almost like a stylish Ozzie Shiraz.
£21.50 bottle | £41.00 magnum
38. BARDOLINO CLASSICO, RECCHIA, VENETO 2017
Soft and easy cherry fruit, lovingly made, lifting it out of the ordinary. Grown and created on the shores of Lake Garda, why wouldn’t you?
RED... RATHER SPLENDIDO
42. PRIMITIVO, AMBASCIATORI, SALENTO 2015
Liquid sunshine, a wine that transports you to the baked earth of Puglia and unsurprisingly this is perfect with tomato, tuna and chilli stuffed peperoncini…
43. CABERNET FRANC & NERO D’AVOLA, MILLENOTE, SICILIA 2009
A deep, dark and deliciously complex velvety wine. Cabernet Franc and Nero d’Avola aged in oak – what’s not to love?
44. PALUSTREL, MONTE DEI ROARI, VENETO 2014
A well-structured red of merlot and cabernet franc… better for a little breathing.
45. CHIANTI CLASSSICO RISERVA, GUIDI, TOSCANA 2014
An aristocratic, smooth riserva, aged for 2 years in oak – simply sublime.
46. SQUINZANO RISERVA, PUGLIA 2013
Squinzano is home to some of the Salento’s greatest Negroamaro and this is an unreformed, huge powerful wine, made for red meats and strong cheeses. Also disturbingly enjoyable with no food at all!
47. AGLIANICO, BASILICATA 2014
The guy that makes this wine really understands and loves his Aglianico, the fruit is deep and strawberry laced, tannins ripe and fine. Full bodied and not to be ignored!
48. RUBERPAN, VALPOLICELLA SUPERIORE, PIEROPAN 2015
This blew me away, both elegant and structured. Rich and concentrate, full of black cherries and blackberries. Silky? You bet.. Really worth a try.
50. RIPASSO DEL VALPOLICELLA, VENETO 2013
Twice fermented Valpolicella give a richness without the full-blown weight of an Amarone. A long time fave with our regulars!
51. AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO, BISCARDO, VENETO 2015
Brilliant! Intense, complex and great structure, black cherries and a little bit nutty
52. BAROLO, BREZZA, PIEMONTE 2012
Elegant and sophisticated with a bit of age, presents really well.
SWEETIES AND STICKIES
60. MARSALA SUPERIORE DOLCE, CURATOLO NV
Produced since 1875 by one of the oldest houses of marsala, aged in oak barrels. Full and mellow.
£40.50 bottle | £6.75 glass (125 ml)
61. VERDUZZO FIOR DI MANDORLO, CORMONS 2015
A deep amber moscato, rich in tropical fruits and honey
£37.50 bottle | £6.75 glass (125 ml)
62. RECIOTO DI SOAVE, LA COLOMBARE, PIEROPAN, VENETO 2015
A perfectly balanced pudding wine with just the right level of delicate sweetness.
£39.00 bottle (50 cl) | £9.75 glass (125 ml)
DELAFORCE WHITE PORT
£3.25 50ml glass | £6.75 125ml glass
NIEPOORT LBV PORT
£3.75 50 ml glass | £7.75 125 ml glass
NIEPOORT 'THE SENIOR TAWNY' PORT
A golden amber tawny port, lovely with cheese or just because.
£3.75 50ml glass | £7.75 125ml glass
An indulgent blend of fortified red wine and chocolate.
£4.50 50 ml glass | £9.50 125 ml glass